Safety and security are of paramount importance to E3. Please review our enhanced safety measures in order to better prepare and plan for an enjoyable E3 experience.
No backpacks are allowed, and bag sizes may not exceed 12″x15″x6″.
Safety and security are of paramount importance to E3. We continue to implement enhanced security measures which for E3 2018 will include bag search and walkthrough metal detectors. These enhancements may cause additional wait times at entry points. We feel it is important to inform all attendees about enhanced security measures, so you can better prepare and plan for your upcoming E3 experience.
- If you see something, say something. Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to Show Management, Security Personnel, Show Ambassadors and /or LACC Building staff immediately.
- Remain patient and courteous during security checks and follow the instructions of Show Management, Security, and Show Ambassadors to help expedite the process.
- To prevent additional wait time, we ask that all Attendees, Exhibitors, and Media, limit the items you bring into E3. Consider leaving all bags and bulky clothing at home or at your hotel.
Review the list of prohibited items before coming to the show to avoid the disappointment of being turned away at the entrance to the Los Angeles Convention Center as items on the prohibited items list will not be allowed.
Laptops, mobile phones, handheld devices etc. must be able to be powered on during the bag search process.
- Keep allowable personal property with you, at all times. Do not leave any items unattended.
- Should you be attending any on-site meetings, please allow ample time to process through security and other checkpoints.
- Oversized bags acquired at the show not eligible for re-entry.
We take the concerns of our attendees seriously and remain committed to providing a safe and secure environment. To speed entrance into the show and prevent additional waiting time, we encourage everyone to plan ahead and arrive early. Attendee’s bags will be searched at designated entrance points.
- Leave luggage, large bags and bulky clothing at your hotel or home.
- Allow extra time to find your entry point into the show.
- Allow extra time to park, walk, and clear the entry check-points into the show.
- Become familiar with prohibited items and bag restrictions.
- Oversized bags acquired at the show not eligible for re-entry.
- Attendees may carry one small bag, that must be no larger than 12” x 15”X 6” into the show. This will be strictly enforced.
- Attendees are encouraged to consider their bag type and use clear bags (mesh, plastic, vinyl, etc.) to expedite entry.
- Prohibited Bags include but are not limited to: rolling luggage, large duffle bags, luggage, backpacks and rolling carts.
Media with the official Media Badge and Camera Crews wearing the approved Camera Crew wristband are permitted to hand-carry equipment onto show premises in excess of the one bag and size restriction. This equipment is subject to search.
Exhibitors, wearing the official Exhibitor Badge, are permitted to bring product and display material onto show premises, in excess of the bag restrictions, during move-in and move-out.
On show days exhibitors can bring in product and display materials in oversized bags and roller bags, but those MUST enter before 8:00am PT on show days. This will be strictly enforced.
- Bags Larger than 12” x 15” x 6”
- No Backpacks, Coolers, Luggage, and/or any wheeled bags regardless of size.
- Camera/ Video Tripods (unless with official Media badge)
- Chairs, Bleacher Backs, Camping Stools, etc.
- Flammable Liquids
- Flyers, stickers and other handouts
- Illegal substances
- Outside food and beverages* *Enforced on show days
- Pets (with the exception of certified service animals) Service animals should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times
- Skateboards, Hoverboards, Roller Skates/ Blades, and Scooters
- Wagons and Wheeled Carts
- Weapons; including but not limited to the following:
- Actual clubs, maces, or crushing weapons
- Sharp edged weapons (swords, knives, daggers)
- Pepper Spray
- Projectile weapons, even if unloaded or non-functional
- Other Items that show security determines may be harmful or disruptive.
Any attendee found to have items on the Prohibited Item list within the Los Angeles Convention Center will have those items confiscated and may be removed from the premises
Any on-site meetings must be scheduled in accordance with posted show hours and specific badge type admittance hours. Admittance to the show, requires an official show badge. If you are coordinating meeting(s), attending a meeting, or delegate this task to someone else, be sure to know the policy.
- Know your specific attendee type daily show hours, prior to scheduling any meetings or meet ups.
- Be aware of the show’s bag size policy.
- Any person(s) you arrange to meet, must wear the proper badge in the official badge holder, to enter the show. Badges are non-transferable and badge swapping is strictly prohibited. The badge holder must have their ID or passport, that matches their badge to enter.
- Delays may occur at entry points, including the parking areas please give yourself ample time to process thru bag search and move on to your designated meeting location.
- First-time attendees, please take time before arriving at E3 to familiarize yourself with the Los Angeles Convention Center and E3 floorplans this will assist you as you navigate the event.
NotifyLA is the City of Los Angeles’ mass notification system used to provide information regarding necessary actions, such as evacuations, to Los Angeles subscribers via recorded phone messages, text messages or e-mail in case of emergencies or critical situations.
What kinds of messages will the public receive through NotifyLA?
- Early warning notices
- Disaster notifications
- Evacuation notices
- Public health notices
- Public safety notices of imminent or perceived threats to life or property
E3 attendees can sign up for this free emergency notification program by texting 888777 and entering 90015 in the message field. 90015 is the zip code for the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Subscribers will be notified by text of any emergencies or natural disasters in Los Angeles and the area around the LACC. Once the show is over attendees that subscribed to NotifyLA can text the word STOP to 888777 to no longer receive notifications. For more info on the Notify LA program. http://emergency.lacity.org/notifyla
In order to ensure that E3 provides a safe, enjoyable, and welcoming environment for everyone, E3 has developed an Attendee Policy. Should you witness or experience any activity that puts someone’s safety or enjoyment of the E3 at risk, inform show management, show security personnel or an E3 Ambassador.
E3 reserves the right to make determinations on appropriate attire. Attire that is sexually explicit and/or sexually provocative, including, but not limited to, nudity, partial nudity, and bathing suit bottoms, are prohibited on the Show floor, all common areas, and at any access point at the Show. If for any reason attire is deemed objectionable by Show Management, attendees may be asked to alter the attire or be removed from the show.
Cosplay weapon props may be allowed at the Show if they are inspected, approved, and peace bonded at the E3 weapons check, and comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations. For additional guidance, please see the Show Weapons Policy.
All attendees at E3 2018 must comply with this Weapons Policy.
- Entertainment Software Association (ESA), E3 Show Management Dolaher Events , E3 security, and law enforcement have the absolute and immediate right to inspect attendees’ belongings, including, but not limited to, costumes, props, and weapons, and may in their sole discretion confiscate the item, require modifications to the item, remove the attendee, confiscate the attendee’s badge, and/or prohibit the attendee’s reentry at future events. ESA and Dolaher Events bear no responsibility or liability for any damages and/or injuries incurred as a result of the use of attendees’ belongings, including, but not limited to, costumes, props, and weapons.
- No real weapons are allowed at E3 2018. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms (whether loaded or unloaded), handguns, shotguns, rifles, tasers, blowguns, ammunition, knives, blades, live swords, switch blades, axes, hatchets, daggers, clubs, metal/wooden bats, crossbows, arrows, stars, nunchucks, brass knuckles, boomerangs, darts, whips, pepper spray, flame throwers, laser-aiming devices, explosives, and any other item that violates applicable local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations or that appears, in ESA’s and Dolaher Events’ sole discretion, to be dangerous or to have the potential of harming others.
- Prop weapons may be allowed at E3 2018 if they are inspected, approved, and peace bonded at E3 Weapons Check, and comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prop weapons are inoperable weapons used to enhance the overall look of a costume, and include, but are not limited to, NERF weapons and water guns. Use, handling, and/or display of prop weapons may be revoked at any time without cause or warning, including, but not limited to, if the attendee uses the item inappropriately (g., play fighting, swinging the item) or tampers with the peace bonding. Prop weapons may be displayed only as costume pieces, and may not be swung, brandished, or otherwise used in any way that could be considered unsafe or threatening. Prop weapons should be put away when leaving E3 2018. The attendee is solely responsible for the prop weapon and its usage at all times, even if the prop weapon is not in the possession of the attendee and even if the weapon has been inspected.
- Prop weapons must be submitted to E3 Weapons Check for inspection, approval, and peace bonding. E3 Weapons Check is located at the entrances to the Los Angeles Convention Center. Peace bonding is the process of marking and/or binding props. A prop weapon must be rendered permanently inoperable in order to qualify for peace bonding. Even prop weapons that have been inspected may be subject to re-inspection at any time. In addition to being peace bonded, a prop weapon must meet other criteria, including, but not limited to: (i) prop weapons cannot be more than seven feet long or weigh more than 15 pounds; (ii) prop explosives cannot be made out of metal; (iii) swords and other prop blade weapons must be non-metal, blunt-edged, and swords must be tied to the costume in such a way that they are unable to be drawn; (iv) prop bows must be unstrung; (v) prop arrows must have non-metal, blunted tips; and (vi) if the prop weapon looks realistic, then it must either be translucent or at least half covered with solid white or bright red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, or purple. ESA, Dolaher Events, and E3 security have the sole discretion to approve prop weapons.
Although we strongly recommended you leave large bags and luggage at home or your hotel for your convenience baggage / coat check areas will be set up outside the convention center .
- Fee: $10.00 per item and per day. Cash Only. Please note Baggage/Coat Check facilities are based on availability and may reach capacity.
- Items cannot be combined or left overnight.
- A daily claim ticket will be issued, per item and is required for pick up.
- Any item(s) left after posted time, will be sent to the E3 Security Office.
- All Attendees must wear the official show badge in the official show badge holder. This includes but is not limited to Industry, Gamer Pass, VIP Buyers, Business Pass, Media, and Exhibitors.
- Carry a valid form of photo ID or passport at all times. Security will check name on photo ID/Passport vs. the name on the official badge.
- If badge is lost or stolen, report it immediately to show personnel.
- Properly dispose of your Show badge inside the venue in the designated badge Recycling bins or keep it as a souvenir.
- DO NOT sell it, trade it, etc.
- DO NOT throw it away in trash cans outside the venue, where it could be picked up and used.
E3 Exhibit Hall and Second Floor Meeting Room Access Hours:
|DATE||INDUSTRY PASS*||GAMER PASS|
|Tuesday, June 12th||11:00AM-7:00PM||2:00PM-7:00PM|
|Wednesday, June 13th||9:00AM-7:00PM||12:00PM-7:00PM|
|Thursday, June 14th||9:00AM-6:00PM||9:00AM-6:00PM|
*Industry-Qualified Attendees, Media, Exhibitors, VIP Buyers, and Business Pass Holders