Safety & Security
Safety and security are of paramount importance to E3. Please review our safety measures and policies in order to better prepare and plan for an enjoyable E3 experience.
|Industry, VIP Buyer, Gamer and Premium Pass||Exhibitor||Media|
|Entry Security Procedure:||Industry, VIP Buyer, Gamer and Premium Pass attendees wearing the official E3 Badge may carry one bag with a maximum size of 12″x15″x6″ into the show.
No backpacks permitted.
|Exhibitors are only permitted to hand carry product and display material in oversized bags and roller bags prior to 10.00am PT on show days.||Media wearing the official Media E3 Badge and approved Media Camera Crews wearing the official Media Crew Wristband are permitted to carry camera equipment onto the show premises in excess of the bag restrictions.|
Bag Search and Metal Detectors
|Attendees will be subject to a bag search. Please allow ample time to process through E3 Security. We encourage all attendees to consider a bag that is clear or mesh to expedite entry.||Exhibitors will be subject to a bag search. Please allow ample time to process through E3 Security.||Media will be subject to a bag search. Please allow ample time to process through E3 Security.|
Oversized and Roller Bags
*Prior to 10 AM PT on show days.
Safety and security are of paramount importance to E3. We continue to implement enhanced security measures which for E3 2020 will include bag search and walkthrough metal detectors. These enhancements may cause additional wait times at entry points. We feel it is important to inform all attendees about enhanced security measures, so you can better prepare and plan for your upcoming E3 experience.
- If you see something, say something. Report anything that looks unusual, suspicious, or out of place to Show Management, Security Personnel, Show Ambassadors and /or LACC Building staff immediately.
- Remain patient and courteous during security checks and follow the instructions of Show Management, Security, and Show Ambassadors to help expedite the process.
- To prevent additional wait time, we ask that all Attendees, Exhibitors, and Media, limit the items you bring into E3. Consider leaving all bags and bulky clothing at home or at your hotel.
Review the list of prohibited items before coming to the show to avoid the disappointment of being turned away at the entrance to the Los Angeles Convention Center as items on the prohibited items list will not be allowed. Laptops, mobile phones, handheld devices etc. must be able to be powered on during the bag search process.
- Keep allowable personal property with you, at all times. Do not leave any items unattended.
- Should you be attending any on-site meetings, please allow ample time to process through security and other checkpoints.
- Oversized bags acquired at the show not eligible for re-entry.
We take the concerns of our attendees seriously and remain committed to providing a safe and secure environment. To speed entrance into the show and prevent additional waiting time, we encourage everyone to plan ahead and arrive early. Attendee’s bags will be searched at designated entrance points.
- Leave luggage, large bags and bulky clothing at your hotel or home.
- Allow extra time to find your entry point into the show.
- Allow extra time to park, walk, and clear the entry check-points into the show.
- Become familiar with prohibited items and bag restrictions.
- Oversized bags acquired at the show not eligible for re-entry.
- No backpacks are allowed, and bag sizes may not exceed 12″ x 15″x 6″.
- Attendees may carry one small bag, that must be no larger than 12” x 15” X 6” into the show. This will be strictly enforced.
- Attendees are encouraged to consider their bag type and use clear bags (mesh, plastic, vinyl, etc.) to expedite entry.
- Cameras are permitted as long as they fit in the approved bag type 12″ x 15″ x 6″. Please refer to the Entry Security information.
- Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: rolling luggage, large duffle bags, luggage, backpacks and rolling carts.
- Bags Larger than 12” x 15” x 6”
- No backpacks, coolers, luggage, and/or any wheeled bags regardless of size.
- Video Tripods (unless with official Exhibitor or Media badge)
- Chairs, bleacher backs, camping stools, etc.
- Flammable Liquids
- Flyers, stickers and other handouts
- Illegal substances
- Outside food and beverages* *Enforced on show days
- Pets (with the exception of certified service animals)
- Service animals should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times
- Skateboards, hoverboards, roller skates/blades, and scooters
- Wagons and wheeled carts
- Weapons, including but not limited to the following:
- Actual clubs, maces, or crushing weapons
- Sharp edged weapons (swords, knives, daggers)
- Pepper spray
- Projectile weapons, even if unloaded or non-functional
- Other Items that show security determines may be harmful or disruptive.
Any attendee found to have items on the Prohibited Item list within the Los Angeles Convention Center will have those items confiscated and may be removed from the premises.
Any on-site meetings must be scheduled in accordance with posted show hours and specific badge type admittance hours. Admittance to the show, requires an official show badge. If you are coordinating meeting(s), attending a meeting, or delegate this task to someone else, be sure to know the policy.
- Know your specific attendee type daily show hours, prior to scheduling any meetings or meet ups.
- Be aware of the show’s bag size policy.
- Any person(s) you arrange to meet must wear the proper badge in the official badge holder to enter the show. Badges are non-transferable and badge swapping is strictly prohibited. The badge holder must have an ID or passport that matches their badge to enter.
- Delays may occur at entry points, including the parking areas. Please give yourself ample time to process through bag search and get to your designated meeting location.
- First-time attendees, please take time before arriving at E3 to familiarize yourself with the Los Angeles Convention Center and E3 floorplans. This will assist you as you navigate the event.
NotifyLA is the City of Los Angeles’ mass notification system used to provide information regarding necessary actions, such as evacuations, to Los Angeles subscribers via recorded phone messages, text messages or e-mail in case of emergencies or critical situations. What kinds of messages will the public receive through NotifyLA?
- Early warning notices
- Disaster notifications
- Evacuation notices
- Public health notices
- Public safety notices of imminent or perceived threats to life or property
E3 attendees can sign up for this free emergency notification program by texting 888777 and entering 90015 in the message field. 90015 is the zip code for the Los Angeles Convention Center. Subscribers will be notified by text of any emergencies or natural disasters in Los Angeles and the area around the LACC. Once the show is over attendees that subscribed to NotifyLA can text the word STOP to 888777 to no longer receive notifications. For more info on the Notify LA program. http://emergency.lacity.org/notifyla
All attendees at E3 2020 must comply with this Weapons Policy.
- Entertainment Software Association (ESA), E3 Show Management (Dolaher Events), E3 Security, and law enforcement have the absolute and immediate right to inspect attendees’ belongings, including, but not limited to, costumes, props, and weapons, and may in their sole discretion confiscate the item, require modifications to the item, remove the attendee from E3, confiscate the attendee’s badge, and/or prohibit the attendee’s reentry at future events. ESA and Dolaher Events bear no responsibility or liability for any damages and/or injuries incurred as a result of the use or inspection of attendees’ belongings, including, but not limited to, costumes, props, and weapons.
- No real weapons are allowed at E3 2020. This includes, but is not limited to, firearms (whether loaded or unloaded), handguns, shotguns, rifles, tasers, blowguns, ammunition, knives, blades, live swords, switch blades, axes, hatchets, daggers, clubs, metal/wooden bats, crossbows, arrows, stars, nunchucks, brass knuckles, boomerangs, darts, whips, pepper spray, flame throwers, laser-aiming devices, explosives, and any other item that violates applicable local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations or that appears, in ESA’s and/or Dolaher Events’ sole discretion, to be dangerous or to have the potential of harming others.
- Prop weapons may be allowed at E3 2020 if they are inspected, approved, and peace bonded at E3 Weapons Check, and if they comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations. Prop weapons are inoperable weapons used to enhance the overall look of a costume, and include, but are not limited to, NERF weapons and water guns. Use, handling, and/or display of prop weapons may be revoked at any time without cause or warning, including, but not limited to, if the attendee uses the item inappropriately (g., play fighting, swinging the item) or tampers with the peace bonding. Prop weapons may be displayed only as costume pieces, and may not be swung, brandished, or otherwise used in any way that could be considered unsafe or threatening. Prop weapons should be put away when leaving E3 2020. The attendee is solely responsible for the prop weapon and its usage at all times, even if the prop weapon is not in the possession of the attendee and even if the weapon has been inspected.
- Prop weapons must be submitted to E3 Weapons Check for inspection, approval, and peace bonding. E3 Weapons Check is located at the entrances to the Los Angeles Convention Center. Peace bonding is the process of marking and/or binding props. A prop weapon must be rendered permanently inoperable in order to qualify for peace bonding. Even prop weapons that have been inspected are subject to re-inspection at any time. In addition to being peace bonded, a prop weapon must meet other criteria, including, but not limited to: (i) prop weapons cannot be more than seven feet long or weigh more than 15 pounds; (ii) prop explosives cannot be made of metal; (iii) swords and other prop blade weapons must be non-metal and blunt-edged, and swords must be tied to the costume in such a way that they are unable to be drawn; (iv) prop bows must be unstrung; (v) prop arrows must have non-metal, blunted tips; and (vi) if the prop weapon looks realistic, then it must either be translucent or covered (at least 50%) with solid white or bright red, orange, yellow, green, blue, pink, or purple. ESA, Dolaher Events, and E3 Security have the sole discretion to approve prop weapons.
Please note E3 prop weapons check counters located outside both the South and West side of the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Although we strongly recommended you leave large bags and luggage at home or your hotel for your convenience baggage/coat check areas will be set up outside the convention center.
- Fee: $10.00 per item and per day. Cash Only. Please note Baggage/Coat Check facilities are based on availability and may reach capacity.
- Items cannot be combined or left overnight.
- A daily claim ticket will be issued per item and is required for pick up.
- Any item(s) left after posted closing time will be sent to the E3 Security Office.
- All attendees must wear the official show badge in the official show badge holder. This includes but is not limited to Industry, Gamer Pass, VIP Buyers, Premium Pass, Media, and Exhibitors.
- Attendees must carry a valid form of photo ID or passport at all times. Security will compare the name on photo ID/Passport to the name on the official badge.
- If your badge is lost or stolen, please report it immediately to show personnel.
- Properly dispose of your show badge inside the venue in the designated badge recycling bins or keep it as a souvenir.
- DO NOT sell it, trade it, etc.
- DO NOT throw it away in trash cans outside the venue, where it could be picked up and used.
E3 Exhibit Hall and Second Floor Meeting Room Access Hours:
|DATE||INDUSTRY BADGE *||GAMER BADGE|
|Tuesday, June 9 *||11:00AM – 6:00PM||Not Available|
|Wednesday, June 10||10:00AM – 6:00PM||10:00AM – 6:00PM|
|Thursday, June 11||10:00AM – 6:00PM||10:00AM – 6:00PM|
* Tuesday, June 9 the exhibit floor is open only for Industry-Qualified Attendees, Media, Exhibitors, VIP Buyers, and Premium Badge Holders. Please note, Gamer Badge Holders are welcome to attend E3 on 6/10 and 6/11.